Being gluten free is easier than you think...

Being gluten free seems difficult, if not impossible, at first but it's easier than you think. I'll explain how.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Product: Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Wonderful Bread Mix


GF Homemade Wonderful Bread
*Image taken from Bob's website 


It's really no secret to anyone who's talked to me for more than five minutes that I have been craving toast or English muffins for a long time now. Yesterday, I finally caved in and bought a bag of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Wonderful Bread Mix. This bread definitely lives up to it's name. It was so good!!!!<br>
I am trying to support my hubby by maintaining a GF diet. I don't think it's really fair if he's the only one in the family who can't eat wheaty products. <br>
So far I have zero complaints about making any gluten free items. Companies like Chebe and Bob's Red Mill make it pretty darn easy to make their products. Like everything else I stumbled across this was pretty easy to put together. The package of bread mix even came with an envelope of yeast. The only thing you have to supply are the perishables. Easy peasy. The only thing that made it easier still was that I used my bread machine. <br>
If you set the bread machine correctly (to a regular/basic 2lb sandwich bread on medium) this mix will give you a golden brown loaf of deliciousness. Hubby and I cut into it right away to have with dinner. The crust was nice and crunchy and the inside was warm and chewy. It definitely satisfied my craving for toast. I'm looking forward to Saturday morning when the bread will be a little bit stale and we can use it to make French toast. I haven't had French toast in a loooong time. <br>
Bob's has a variety of bread mixes and I'm looking forward to trying each one. Especially the GF cinnamon raisin mix. I am a fool for anything with raisins in it. I do want to try swirling in some strawberry preserves in the homemade wonderful bread mix and then baking it in the oven. I don't think that it would turn out well in the bread machine. At the Herndon Festival a few years ago I saw that someone had done that with the bread and it was fantastic. So, I figure I'll try to recreate that with GF bread. It could only be yummy, right?.<br>
 <br>
Bottom line: Go buy this product, you'll be very happy you did!<br>
<br>
Have you tried a bread mix? If so, which one and how did it turn out?

No comments:

Post a Comment